Native American Comedians
Southern Country Redneck
Stand Up Comedians
Jeff Allen combines clean, hilarious humor with inspiration like no other comedian working today. He performs on television and radio, in night clubs and large churches, and as a keynote speaker for corporations.
* Appearing in the hilarious Warner Bros. comedy film, Thou Shalt Laugh
* One-hour comedy special, Happy Wife, Happy Life, on both the Odyssey Channel and Family Net
* Two-time featured performer at the National Prayer Breakfast
* Performed for the troops in Bahrain and on ships in the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean
* Comedy Central’s Premium Blend
* VH1’s Standup Spotlight
* Grand Ole Opry
* Montreal’s Just For Laughs International Comedy Festival
* Co-hosted the Gospel Music Associations Pre-Dove Awards
* HBO’s US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado
* Recipient Grady Nutt Humor Award (the most prestigious comedy award in the Christian marketplace)
* Featured performer at the Inaugural Gala for President George W Bush’s Inauguration
* Starred in the Bananas Comedy Series which airs on the PAX/ION network and is available on DVD
* Starred in national tour, Jeff Allen & Friends: Funny People of Faith
* Now touring with his wife Tami, delivering a message of hope and inspiration in:
Laughter and Tears on the Edge of a Marriage
Recordings and Books in Publication:
* Thou Shalt Laugh (DVD; see also www.thoushaltlaugh.com)
* Happy Wife, Happy Life Revisited (DVD, CD)
* Happy Wife, Happy Life (DVD, CD)
* Ken Davis and Friends: Lighten Up and Laugh (DVD)
* Jeff Allen: The Bananas Comedy Special (DVD)
* Change of Heart (Video)
* Lock the Door (CD)
* My Life as a Bystander (Book)
Jeff Allen has received thousands of letters of appreciation for his humor and gratitude for how he shares his personal life. Excerpts of some of these can be seen on his website at www.jeffallencomedy.com/reviews.htm. Here is a sampling.
* “I want to give Jeff Allen the highest recommendation I can possibly offer.”
�"Bob Reccord, President, North American Mission Board (NAMB)
* “Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with many excellent entertainment professionals during our annual meetings, and this was by far our most positive experience... I cannot adequately express to you how much everyone enjoyed Jeff Allen’s performance after our awards presentations.”
�"Steve Mason, Vice President, Operations Services, Chick-fil-A
* “Jeff’s wit and observations about life, love, kids and marriage …are more effective than any psychiatrist I know.”
�"Gloria Gather (Author, Lyricist)
Just who is Jeff Allen... and how on earth did a former atheist from Chicago’s South Side, who’s crawled across the grittiest comedy club floors in America become the world’s funniest, most inspiring comedian?
Jeff Allen has been doing comedy for over 20 years and his work has been seen on every cable comedy show in the U.S. including Comedy Central’s Premium Blend and VH1’s Standup Spotlight. His one-hour special, Happy Wife, Happy Life aired on the Odyssey Channel and Family Net. He was a featured comedian at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen and the Montreal Just for Laughs International Comedy Festival, the most prestigious comedy Festivals in the world. He also headlined his own national comedy tour, Jeff Allen & Friends: Funny People of Faith.
Jeff Allen is one of the few comedians who can “kill ‘em” at a casino in Vegas and then bring down the house at the Baptist Youth Missionary Board... doing the exact same act. As Jerry Seinfeld said, “Funny is funny. Clean humor, if it’s good, works anywhere.” Jeff says he doesn’t need to change a thing from one venue to the other �" although frequently his church appearances include inspiring testimony about his battle with the bottle and finding himself. The words may not change, but what has changed radically is the man who delivers them.
It’s hard to believe that the Jeff Allen, who works the Christian Seminar in the Rockies in Estes Park is the same Jeff Allen who used to get mail addressed to Mr. Psycho. Jeff wasn’t always a happy, well-adjusted comedian. At one point, he was a victim of alcohol and drug abuse, living a depressing life and struggling to get by from day to day. Finally, the threat of losing the one person who had been his touchstone through those struggles made him turn to a new source of strength.
Jeff met Tami in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. She was a club waitress. They fell in love and got married, but as the drinking and drugs slowly blew Jeff’s career apart, their relationship suffered as well. The low point came when, desperate to feed his family, he couldn’t even get a job delivering pizza. After years of rage, sadness and pain, Jeff and Tami decided to call it quits. With divorce papers signed, they were 10 minutes from the courthouse when they decided to try again. With two children, and barely any career left, Jeff hit rock bottom, turned to Alcoholics Anonymous, recovered himself, and through generous help from a total stranger, found comfort in God.
Jeff says, “The single greatest gift I get from my relationship with Jesus is peace. For the first time in my life, I am at peace in my own skin. From that peace, I am able to do what I love to do �" make people laugh. I’ve been a comic for 20+ years, and right now I’m having the time of my life.”
Today, Jeff Allen is on top of the world. At the peak of his comedic powers, he co-starred in and produced his own sitcom pilot with some of the most talented people in Los Angeles, is now a regular weekly performer on Bill Gaither’s Homecoming Tour, and has a family he adores. Jeff also was a featured guest on the 700 Club and performed at the CBN Christmas Party for Pat Robertson. He has performed at a numerous churches including: Saddleback Valley Community Church in Lake Forest, California; Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky; and Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois.
Jeff Allen was born in Saulk Village, Illinois in 1956. He lives in Nashville with his wife Tami and two children (although in his act there are three). His oldest son served with the 101st Airborne in Iraq.